Start - Funky Penguin's Geek Cookbook

Once the cutting edge of the "internet" (pre-world-wide-web and mosiac days), Usenet is now a murky, geeky alternative to torrents for file-sharing. However, it's cool geeky, especially if you're into having a fully automated media platform.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://geek-cookbook.funkypenguin.co.nz/recipes/autopirate/

Hi!

I have a dedicated server running all theses services as docker containers.
I’m always interested in doing some progress, but i don’t see the point to run the autopirate stack in swarm rather than in simple docker container.
I mean , for theses services we don’t really need high availability and load balancing is not a problem.

Am I missing something ?

Hey @sorg :slight_smile:

One advantage of running all the auto pirate tools in the stack are that you can benefit from service discovery. I.e. you can tell Radarr to talk to the host called “sabnzbd”, and since both containers exist in the same swarm, they’ll be able to discover each other.

Cheers!
D

@funkypenguin : I have the exact same behaviour with all my docker containers set up in a single docker-compose file and connected to the same bridged network.

By the way one wonderful trick i have learned in your cookbook is the way to add a proxy with oauth2 in the middle. This is great for all these services for which i want to keep some kind of protection from the outside world.