Convert (liberate) Audible AAC files to MP3

I was an Audible subscriber for over 2 years, and although I’m no longer active on a plan, I still have 50+ books that I’ve legitimately purchased. Each of them, however, is locked to my Audible username and password. I don’t tolerate DRM where possible, and I’ve done enough system reloads / iPod upgrades to be frustrated at the need to authorize my new devices, and de-authorize my old ones. (and get Audible to reset my devices, since it’s impossible to de-authorize a dead computer!)

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.funkypenguin.co.nz/how-to/convert-liberate-audible-aac-files-to-mp3/

Audible audiobooks are protected by DRM technology, which limits users to access to them only with Audible account. If you’d like to get lock broken, you’d better to remove DRM and convert Audible AAX to MP3 with ease.
You just need a professiona third-party Audible converter, like Audiobook Converter Windows that can not only convert Audible protected files to MP3 but also convert them to FLAC, WAV, AAC, M4A, etc. so that you can transfer Audible files to any other device even without your Audible username and password anymore.